Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Distraction: My 3 Favorite UNproductive Apps

What good is carrying around massive amounts of computing power if you can't have a little fun?  Here are my top three apps that keep me from getting any work done.

All of these are wildly popular and are available on iOS and Android devices; not sure about Blackberry or Windows.

Download these today and you too can not get anything done - it is Friday after all.  

Temple Run

I don't know what draws me to this game.  All you do is run, jump, and slide your way across an ancient temple fleeing from crazy monkey looking things.  Reminds me a bit of the old Activision game Pitfall (yes, I know I just dated myself) so I guess I'm just nostalgic for my teenage days.


Words With Friends

Just like Scrabble but without the annoying licensing fee.  This game allows you to play with friends across the country or across the room.  My wife and I sit across from each other in the living room and play.  Sure we could just pull out the actual Scrabble game but then we'd have to do the math ourselves.  If you're really brave, look me up and send me a game.  Chances are you'll win.  The game is free but it's worth it to pay the $2.99 so you don't have to look at ads after every turn.


Google Currents

I use Currents for all the news I read but am too embarrassed to have sent to my RSS inbox.  Things like Break.com, Vice, Jezzibel, 500 pics, it's all there.  Integrates with Google Reader so you can actually be productive with this one if you so desire. 


Your Favorites?

Feel free to share your favorites in the comments section or send them to me via email and I'll do a future post listing all the reader favorite UNproductive Apps.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...