Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TED Tuesday: Schools Kill Creativity

I've just discovered TED talks and have turned into a full-fledged TED junkie.  Last week I downloaded the app on my phone and now, when I get bored with the radio or NPR is begging for money, I stream a talk while I'm driving.

These short talks are fascinating, and, since I also love to share information, and, I have a blog, I thought why not share my favorites for the week.  So here we go ... the first TED Tuesday.

In today's video, Sir Ken Robinson, posits that we are educating the creativity out of our children.  He champions a radical rethink of our school systems, to cultivate creativity and acknowledge multiple types of intelligence.  

Feel free to share your favorite Talks or reactions to the video in the comments section.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...